Stainless Steel Grates
Available in Grades 304 & Marine 316 – Polished Finish
STAINLESS STEEL – 3mm Longitudinal Slimline
(Barefoot Tread Comfort/Pedestrian Safety/Heel-proof/ Bicycle & Wheelchair Safe / Light Motor Vehicle Accessible)
- Suitable for both internal and external applications
- Available in a variety of widths, depths and lengths to suit the location requirements
- Available in Stainless Steel Grade 304 & Marine Grade 316
- 5mm openings to reduce the hazard of the trapping of narrow heeled shoes
- Able to withstand heavy pedestrian traffic / light vehicular traffic according to width
- Of sturdy and durable construction with 1.5 & 2mm th trenching or angle frames to suit
- Structural configuration varied according to individual application for load tolerant compliance
- Providing a 60% open area for water drainage
- as drop-in Grates to an existing recess
- with Preformed Trenches to suit
- with Angle Frames
- 100mm wide x 30mm or 45mm deep
- 150mm wide x 30mm or 45mm deep
- 200mm wide x 30mm or 50mm deep
We also cater for custom sizes outside of standard sizes.
Stainless Steel angle frames are suited to accommodate our drop-in grates. Minimum of 30mm depth.
Stainless Steel Grates with Preformed Trenches
- Grates may be complete with preformed trenches to eliminate costly onsite labour.
- May be supplied in standard widths or with customized width and depth as required.
- Available in any length with lip joiners for easy onsite connection of lengths impractical for transport or access.
- Grates and Trenches may have a flush finish at ground level or trenches may be supplied complete with perimeter flashing to suit their location.
- With predrilled stainless outlet spigots to underside of trenching as a snug inserted sleeve to PVC, which are located as required.
All Trenches have a central indentation along the base of the trench to encourage water flow.
Stainless Steel Grates & Trenches with perimeter flashing
Where trenching is supplied with floor flashing, a 10mm height variation exists to allow for the thickness of the floor tile, resulting in a flush finish of flooring to grate.
Preformed trenches may also be supplied with wall flashings where grates are positioned against walls.
A recessed setback allows for the clearance of wall tiles without overhang of tile to the grate, thus not effecting grate removal.
Stainless Steel Grates with Recessed Trenches
Preformed Trenches may supplied with top lip recesses.
This option is ideal for applications requiring additional depth to the trench for a greater capacity of water catchment.
Stainless Steel Grates with Angle Frames
Grates may be supplied with Angle Frames which form a suitable width, depth and recess for grates to be dropped into.
This requires the Angle Frames to be positioned prior to the trench or pit being formed by concrete or other materials.
Frames may be complete with extended tabs for embedding or fixing into surround.
Custom Stainless Steel Grates for Heavy Duty Applications
Stainless Steel grates are also available with 6mm, 8mm and 10mm Longitudinal members.
These variations add to the load tolerance of the grating for specific applications such as – Heavy Vehicle Access, Forklift and Trolley Traffic etc.
All requirements should be specified at time of enquiry for appropriate product to be used.
- Eg : 6mm & 8mm Longitudinal cater for Pedestrian Safety, Bicycle & Wheelchair Access whilst also allowing for moderate traffic by Forklifts & Trolleys.
- 10mm Longitudinal caters for Bicycle & Wheelchair Access and heavy traffic by Forklifts & Trolleys.
Note: Outlet spigots located in Trenches and Troughs may also be fit with Perforated Strainers to eliminate waste entry in compliance with location requirements.
Primary and/or secondary strainers are available. (see accessories page for details)